11.10.2010

Recently Percolating...

Dan and I don't have a real bed - and I want one.  Me me me!  Gimme gimme gimme!  My problems are so serious.  I'm like a character from It's Complicated.  Anyway, I checked out options on my last IKEA trip, but nothing there really spoke to me (also nothing would fit in the car).  After some internet sleuthing, I began to think I could make one.  Well, not a whole bed.  But a headboard.  I could do that.

The relentlessly chipper John and Sherry of YoungHouseLove made one out of a wooden art frame, usually meant for canvas:


Looks nice and sounds easy, but we want something to lean against.  This is a little flimsy for our purposes.

Then I found this one on Design*Sponge.

Holy.  Crap.

dsc_1296

The writer made that!  By herself!  There's a how-to video and everything.  PLUS, her cat looks just like Bianca.  SOLD.  DONE.  DOING IT.

I am not yet sure where I will obtain the necessary large piece of wood, craftsman to cut said wood, swaths of fabric, or two-inch upholstery foam.  But it's going to happen.  Probably just in time for us to move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need Grandpa Ray